Many people find themselves mixing the idea of content creation and content curation. With both being heavily involved in most companies marketing strategies, it’s essential to know the difference and the importance of both.
Content Creation is the process of identifying a topic or subject and producing the relevant creative for that particular subject. This can be written, audio and or visual content. It’s a strategic marketing approach focused on creating valuable, relevant and consistent content.
– It’s one of the most inexpensive forms of marketing available today. Writing content is free, and it promotes your brand.
– The right content can establish you as a market leader and a helpful company.
– Increases brand awareness. As the content is created by you, by branding the content, your brand awareness will increase as your content gains traction.
– Time-consuming. High quality content can take time to create
– Difficult to manage. If you’re creating different types of content in large quantities, it can be difficult to manage all the variables needed for success.
– If your content is not gaining traction, it can be disheartening.
Content curation is the process of sourcing information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest created by other people. Sharing other people’s content on social media is the most popular kind of content curation.
– Saving time. Supplementing your content with someone else’s content allows you to provide your audience with more valuable information than you would have been able to if you had to create every piece of content on your own.
– Developing relationships. Sharing someone else’s content allows you to strengthen the connection between you and that person.
– In the conversation. By including your insight when sharing someone else’s content, you can join the conversation and increase your profile increase your profile.
– Brand value suffers. As the content is not created by you, you are raising the other brand’s profile as opposed to yours.
– Poor SEO. Original content aids your Search Engine Optimisation as opposed to curating content.
We’ve attached an infographic for you to view and download. If you would like a free consultation, give us a call on +441613270427 or email us at email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help.